Following are some interesting statistics which bounds N-Media tightly with WordPress
- Every second, somewhere in the world four babies and two WordPress blogs are born.
- Creator of WordPress, founder of Automattic, and chairman of The WordPress Foundation, runs 22% of the Internet.
- One-fifth of all websites currently use WordPress.
- Every day, Automattic’s nine data centers push an astronomical 450 terabytes of data around the globe. (The much-anticipated WordPress Version 4.0 just launched on Friday, with millions of downloads already.)
- 48% of Technorati’s Top 100 Blogs Are Managed With WordPress
- 74.6 Million Sites Depend on WordPress
- 40 Translations of WordPress
- 22% of New U.S. Registered Domains Run on WordPress
- 29,000 WordPress Plugins and Growing Daily
- 46 Million Downloads of WordPress.org
- WordPress Is Most Popular With Business Websites
The statistics that make WordPress the world’s most popular CMS are truly mind-numbing.
In its eleven short years of its existence, WordPress had dominated the CMS market. From what we can tell, it isn’t going anywhere, either.